Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pearl MGM

Just few months ago, I had a chance to go to Las Vegas. I have been there before during my student days but it was a huge change to see the strip again. Most important of all, there was the analysis of the restaurants I have been before and checking out new ones. One night, I had dinner in Pearl Chinese Restaurant at MGM grand.

Name: Pearl MGM
Time of Visit: September 2008
Location: MGM Grand
Style of Cuisine: Chinese
Dress code: Business Casual (I did see one or two Jeans with T shirts but Flip Flops- a complete NoNo)
Reservations: We managed to get a place by just walking in, but reservations are recommended.
Cost of Dinner/couple : Around $60
Overall Ambiance: Good

So, as we walked into the restaurant, the first thing I noticed was the interior decoration. It was thoughtful to decorate with soft colors and matching lights along with a wonderful table setting with delicate arrangement of flowers.

If you happen to get a booth, I'd say you've got yourself a winner. The seats were designed to give the back a nice support and it was relaxing sitting there after all the walking and sightseeing. The menu had both veg and Non veg options, but us being veggies stuck to what we could eat.

We checked out the Mushroom soup which was light, yet filling. This is the first place I guess where I have had three waiters serve me each course, and explaining what the dish was. I would say the service was excellent in the way the food was presented and how we were greeted.

For the main course we had Singapore style rice vermicelli noodles and garden fried rice. Both dishes were presented in classic white dinner plates along with sauces in their own special cups. I felt the food was like an art and it blended well with the overall settings of the restaurant. The noodles was cooked well but not mushy or dry and was lightly spiced up. The rice was also cooked with a blend of sauces and the vegetables were crunchy, yet cooked thoroughly. The best part was that it was not served piping hot that you couldn't taste the ingredients and had to wait, but it was served at a proper temperature that we could enjoy.

Overall, I would say check it out if you are going to Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment